Did Memorial Day weekend creep up on you like it crept up on me!? Whew! Is Spring really almost over already??
How are you kicking off the unofficially start to Summer?
For those of us who didn’t catch any last minute flight deals, let’s not get too jealous as we sift through our FB friends’ vaca photos. :-( You can actually have a lot of fun and save some money by staying close to home this weekend. Here are a few ideas for making the most out of a Memorial Day weekend staycation:
- Day Trippin’: Take a drive to a local park or beach. Sightsee, picnic or just lay out and relax. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. Locally, venture down by the Delaware or try a historical tour of Philadelphia.
- Parade: Most towns will be hosting some kind of local celebration with a parade and maybe even a mini festival with some vendors. This could be a good opportunity for some family friendly fun.
- Grill & Chill: I’ll definitely be dusting off the lawn chairs and firing up the bar-b at some point this weekend. Why cook inside with such beautiful weather?
- Sunday night party: With no work on Monday, you can stay out late and drink as much as you want on Sunday night! Check out that Sunday night party you’ve been hearing about. Locally, try Random at Walnut Room.
- Start planning your 4th of July trip: Get on top of it early and don’t miss out on your next shot at a weekend getaway!
Honestly, I can’t really complain about not having plans this weekend, because I’m hitting the road right after the holiday for some fun in the sun without the crowds.
Have a fun and safe holiday weekend!